WHAT IS THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY?
The Libertarian Party (LP) is your representative in American politics. It is the only political organization which respects you as a unique and responsible individual.
Our slogan is that we are “The Party of Principle” because we stand firmly on our principles.
Libertarians strongly oppose any government interference into their personal, family, and business decisions. Essentially, we believe all Americans should be free to live their lives and pursue their interests as they see fit as long as they do no harm to another.
Founded in 1971, we run many hundred of candidates every election cycle. These candidates seek positions ranging from City Council to President of the United States. Each of these candidates helps to give liberty a voice. Currently, there are over 200 elected Libertarians across the United States holding offices that include; City Council, Mayor, and State Representative. Additionally, each election cycle we increase the number of candidates available on your ballot and are winning contested races in jurisdictions once thought impenetrable.
THE LIBERTARIAN OPTION
Consider voting Libertarian or joining the Libertarian Party because…
- Our goal is to substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and cut and eliminate taxes at every opportunity.
- We believe that peaceful, honest people should be able to offer their goods and services to willing consumers without inappropriate interference from government.
- Peaceful, honest people should decide for themselves how to live their lives, without fear of criminal or civil penalties.
- We believe that government’s only responsibility, if any, should be protecting people from force and fraud.
- You should be able to live the life you see fit to choose, so long as you don’t infringe on the rights of others to live how they see fit.
Join us in our fight for a world set free in our lifetime!